We might not be able to go anywhere for a while, so why not spice up your staycation outfits instead? With the right dress or bag and a dash of imagination, we're all about feeling like we're sailing away (while going nowhere). Whether you're able to go on a short day trip to a British coastal beach, or you fancy transforming your garden or park picnic into a Parisian restaurant, why not set the mood with the perfect outfit? Here's a list of activities (along with the perfect pieces to rent with them) to transport you to your next holiday, without stepping foot on a plane.
So why not...
- Pick up some baguette and cheese and have a French night in Realisation Par.
2. Take your Innika Choo dress to the beach and look for British sea shells for your mantle piece.
3. Swap your tote bag for a Jacquemus basket to go to the shops.
4. Wear PJ's with a glass of wine and a bar of chocolate while reading a book.
5. Wear a flowy dress and white trainers in your local park like you're in a Provencal lavender field.
6. Throw yourself a sangria (wine, brandy, fruit, orange juice) night and pretend you're in Barcelona.
7. Spend a rainy afternoon watching Eric Rohmer films on BFI.
8. Pick up new spices in Borough Market and try out some Ottolenghi recipes.
9. Host a poker night and dress like a Bond character.
10. Take your Shrimps Venezia bag for a trip the best bakeries in London and fill with treats.
Credit for banner photo: The Fashion Bug Blog